Run time: 1 hour 34 minutes approx.
Screenshots from the film are shown below.
Please subscribe to our newsletter for further updates.
In July 2016, ‘Dragon-in-the-Firebox’ released 'Black Five on the Jacobite', a 70 minute DVD that followed Black 5 No. 45407, ‘The Lancashire Fusilier’, on her 42 mile journey between Fort William and Mallaig.
Edited together as one single journey, and using trackside footage from over 50 locations along the route, it was the first DVD of its kind.
Now, after several more years of filming along this incredibly scenic route, we are pleased to present, 'The Jacobite Steam Train SPECIAL EDITION'.
Again edited as one single journey, and with a run time of 1 hour 35 minutes, it is, to our knowledge, the most comprehensive film of the train's journey taken from the trackside ever produced.
The film can be broken down as follows:
* Scenes of the Scottish Highlands & Main Titles (2 minutes)
* Daybreak, the loco sheds and Fort William (5 minutes)
* The tour itself - Fort William to Mallaig (1 hour 15 minutes)
* Return journey and Sunset (12 minutes)
Main Features of the Edit include:
* Footage edited together as one single journey
* Shot-within-shot sequences
* New opening titles, location captions and in-film map
* Colour grading of the footage (to compensate for the change in seasons)
Please Note: If you have previously bought our ‘Black Five on the Jacobite’ DVD, then the SPECIAL EDITION does borrow some footage from that film, which has been recut with the new material and colour-graded where necessary. However, this is not just an extension of the Black Five DVD; this is a complete new edit of the journey.
Actual screen shots from the video